A Belgian speciality, this raisin bread is ideal for breakfast or as a snack, cold or toasted, with or without accompaniment, it’s up to you!
Share this article:
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and sugar.
2. Mix the yeast into the warm milk, pour into the bowl then add the eggs and the softened butter.
3. Knead until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl. Add the raisins. Mix again until you have an even consistency.
4. Bring the dough into a ball, put it back in the bowl and cover with a cloth. Leave to rest in a warm place for one hour until the dough has doubled in volume.
5. Divide the ball into equal parts and shape them into small balls, then put them in a cake tin or on a baking sheet, cover and leave to rest for two hours.
6. Bake for around 40 minutes in an oven preheated to 180°C and keep an eye on them towards the end of the cooking time.