Share this article:
For the dough:
– 250g flour
– 5g of 11g sachet Saf-instant® Baker’s dry yeast
– 5g salt
– 5cl warm milk
– 5cl water
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 tablespoon oregano
For the topping:
– 1 ball of mozzarella (approx. 125g)
– 20cl tomato purée
– frying pan
– frying pan lid
– mixing bowl
– chopping board
– clean tea towel
– rolling pin
1. Mix the Saf-instant® yeast with the warm milk (35°C max.) in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the flour to the mixing bowl along with the oil, oregano and salt. Add the water and knead until the dough has an even consistency that no longer sticks to the sides of the mixing bowl.
3. Cover the mixing bowl with a tea towel and leave to rest for 30 minutes, preferably in a warm dry place, at room temperature or in an oven at 30°C.
4. Meanwhile, thickly slice the mozzarella.
5. Knock back the dough and, using a floured rolling pin, roll out to form a circle the same size as your frying pan.
6. Place the dough in a hot oiled frying pan. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes over a low heat.
7. Turn the dough and continue cooking over a low heat.
Spread the tomato purée on the dough and then add the mozzarella.
8. Cover again and continue cooking for a further 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese melts.