Share this article:
1. Add the Saf-instant® yeast to the sugar and warm water (35°C max.) in a bowl. Mix well.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour and salt then add the water with the Saf-instant® yeast and sugar. Knead by hand until you obtain a ball of dough with an even consistency. If the dough is too sticky, simply add a little more flour.
3. Cover the mixing bowl with a tea towel and leave to rest for approximately 1½ hours until the dough is well-risen.
4. Knock back and place your dough on a floured work surface. Work for several minutes to create a soft supple dough. Divide into 10 equal parts. Flatten each piece of dough with the palm of your hand or a rolling pin to form discs approximately 5 to 8 mm thick.
5. Cook each pita separately in a hot frying pan, with no added oil or fat. By cooking them separately you avoid them sticking to one another.
Leave to cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, before filling.
Pita breads are equally delicious hot or cold!